Kitchen Floor Ideas: Food for Thought
For the past few years, hardwood flooring has been the go-to floor choice in kitchen floor ideas for people seeking a more luxurious and elegant feel in their kitchen. However, with serious maintenance, extensive costs, and a hassle to take care of every year, hardwood floors seem to be losing popularity in recent times. This is reflected by the declining sales of wood-plank moldings and blades for their various machines which once were much more popular than they are now.
One of the reasons is the increased number of better alternatives that can be just as beautiful and luxurious as hardwood floors but at a fraction of the price and maintenance. One such flooring option is luxury vinyl tile.
This kind of tile looks like stone, ceramic, and even real hardwood. However, it's really made from high-quality, durable vinyl which is then molded into different designs to give it a new personality.
Why LVT should be Included in Your Kitchen Floor Ideas:
1. LVT is that it comes in a variety of sizes, making it quite easy to fit into tight and irregular spaces.
2. LVT is also a low-maintenance flooring option. This is a big reason why most people prefer it for their kitchen floors - areas that are prone to many messes and spills.
3. This kind of tile is also very attractive and it can be made into any design you want. You can get a pattern that's inspired by nature, geometric repeats, or that celebrates your favorite animal or plant.
4. Unlike some other flooring options, LVT has a realistic, natural feel to it. It will look exactly like real tile without the higher maintenance and costs.
5. LVT is also a very durable flooring option. You can install it in high-traffic areas and in rooms that get lots of sunlight, so long as you take care of it.
6. Another advantage of LVT is it comes in a large number of colors, so you can choose among many shades to match the style of your entire kitchen.
Looking for kitchen floor ideas for your remodel project? It might be time to stop looking at hardwood floors as the only way to go. LVT may be exactly what you're looking for in your kitchen - and even other rooms in your house.
Ready to take the next step? Give us a call or fill out our in-home measurement request.